Belize Travel Guides
Belize is quickly turning itself into the alternative to the busy beaches of Mexico, and for good reason. You get all the benefits of Mexico – warmth, sun, sand, blue waters – while reaping many more rewards. The beaches in Belize are much less crowded, the main language of English is an ease of the language barrier to many, and the aquatic beauty offshore is second-to-none in the region. If you’re looking for a little bit of rest and relaxation while at the same time gaining an adventurous experience then Belize is probably the place for you. In Belize, laying out on the beach and enjoying rum punch, stuffing yourself on fresh lobster, or exploring ancient Maya ruins are all within reach.
As usually these guides are not facts carved in stone, but rather “guides” things change over time: hotels shut down, restaurants disappear and good activities pop up. If you spot something in your travels that doesn’t correlate with these guides please let me know by leaving a comment in the comment section of that particular destination.
- Capital: Belmopan (although Belize City is the main city)
- Languages: English, Creole, and some Spanish
- Currency: Belize Dollar (always 2 Belize to 1 USD)
- Backpacker’s Budget: $40-50 / day
- Best Time to Visit: Any time outside of hurricane season which is Late August to early November.
- Best Adventure: In February you can skydive over the Blue Hole
Belize Destination Guides
- Ambrigis Caye (San Pedro) (coming soon)
- Belize City (coming soon)
- Belmopan(coming soon)
- Caye Caulker(coming soon)
- Placencia(coming soon)
- Punta Gorda(coming soon)
- San Ignacio(coming soon)
General Belize Travel Information and Advice
- General Belize Travel Information (coming soon)
- Recommended Travel Itineraries (coming soon)
- Getting Around in Belize (coming soon)
Back to the Central America Travel Guides