Canada Travel Guides
I grew in Alberta, Canada and paid my way through university by working as a guide in Western Canada so when it comes to that region, I got you covered. I have also spent a lot of time in the East of Canada and although East and West don’t always get along, there are some beautiful places out there as well. Canada is such a wide open space full of incredible natural sites. Although the distance between the Atlantic Coast and the Pacific might be overwhelming, the amount to do and see in between might be just as overwhelming. Of course there are must visit places like Montreal, Niagara Falls, the Rockies and Vancouver Island, but there are so many other hidden treasures along the way as well. One could easily spend months in Canada exploring every nook and cranny, but if time is not on your side you can certainly still see a lot of it in a short period of time.
As usually these guides are not facts carved in stone, but rather “guides” things change over time: hotels shut down, restaurants disappear and good activities pop up. If you spot something in your travels that doesn’t correlate with these guides please let me know by leaving a comment in the comment section of that particular destination.
- Backpacker’s Budget: Between $50-60 a day.
- Best off the Beaten Path Destination: Tofino, British Colombia
- Best Time of Year to Visit: May-September (July and August are peak, I prefer June to all other months).
- Best Experience: Whale watching off of Victoria, British Colombia in the summer
Canada Travel Guides
- Alberta (coming soon)
- British Columbia (Under Construction)
- Niagara Falls, Ontario(coming soon)
- Ottawa, Ontario(coming soon)
- Toronto, Ontario
- Montreal, Quebec(coming soon)
- Quebec City, Quebec(coming soon)
General Canada Travel Tips and Information
- General Canada Travel Advice (coming soon)
- Recommended Travel Itineraries (coming soon)
- The Truth about Trains in Canada (coming soon)
- How to Get around (Car, Train, Bus, and Thumb) (coming soon)