This is exciting! We’re running our first ever Galapagos Islands Photography Tour and Workshop. And, to top it off, we’re also going to the Amazon! Even more exciting yet, I’ve managed to convince one of the world’s best wildlife photographers, Morten Hilmer, to join on as a co-leader.
Even more exciting, I’ve managed to secure a “YouTuber” special on an incredible luxury boat in The Galapagos meaning that we’re going to be travelling in style for the same price as the mid-range and budget trips. How awesome is that?
The trip to Ecuador is still quite a bit in the future, and will run December 2019, but this trip is definitely going to fill up quickly. So, get at this quick if you’re interested in joining.
**Note** It should be noted that while this is the first time running this particular trip, I’ve run 6-7 other trips to Ecuador and am very familiar with the country. I’ve also been to The Galapagos Islands twice already on assignment.
Galapagos Islands + Amazon Photography Tour and Workshop
The main focus of this trip will be capturing the amazing wildlife found all over Ecuador. But, there will also be ample opportunities for landscape and travel photography.
We’ll be in the Galapagos for 5 days, photographing some of the beautiful endemic species out on the islands. It’s also Giant Tortoise hatching season in December, so with some luck we’ll see some incredible things there. In the Amazon, we’ll go looking for pink dolphins, caiman, monkeys and other on the rivers and nature walks.
All-in-all, this is the journey of a lifetime.
Dates: December 8, 2019 – December 18, 2019
Start/End City: Quito Ecuador
Price: €4990 (Deposit is €800)
Participants: Maximum 13 Participants
Skill Level: Any
Activity Level: No major hiking, only walks. Low fitness requirements.
I wanted to build an itinerary that would show the best of Ecuador in a short time. I wanted to show you the two extremes of this beautiful country: the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon basin. To do so, we’ll do some travelling – by plane, bus, and boat.
- Day 1: Participant arrival – Overnight in Quito
- Day 2: Sunrise in Quito, Bus to Cuyabeno (The Amazon Basin), Jungle Walk.
- Day 3: Full day in Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve
- Day 4: Full day in Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve
- Day 5: Sunrise in Cuyabeno, bus back to Quito.
- Day 6: Flight from Quito to Baltra Island, Afternoon Santa Cruz Island (Giant Tortoises)
- Day 7: Santa Cruz Island: Dragon Hill, Batchas Beach
- Day 8: Floreana Island: Post Office Bay, Cormorant Point, Devil’s Crown
- Day 9: Espanola Island: Suarez Point, Gardner Bay/Inlet
- Day 10: San Cristobal Island, then flight back to Quito.
- Day 11: Tour Ends after breakfast
**Note: The itinerary in The Galapagos Islands is not set in stone and can change based on environmental variables.
About the Yacht
We’re extremely lucky. The luxury yacht “Infinity” offered us a great discount so that we could travel in style. The Infinity is one of the newest yachts in The Galapagos and is absolutely special. Each room is equipped with its own bathroom and balcony. It’s incredible. And, with the luxury boat we also have our own local guide/naturalist, and an amazing ship crew.
Below, I’ve attached a couple images.
** Note: Had we gone with a mid-range or budget boat, the price would have been the same.
Who is Morten Hilmer?
Morten is one of the world’s premier wildlife photographers. But, more than that, he’s just a genuinely nice guy who has a love for nature and conservation. Be sure to check out his YouTube channel to see the sort of things he gets up to in his home country of Denmark and beyond.
- What’s Included
- Transportation within Ecudaor
- National Park Fees
- All Meals while in the Amazon and Galapagos
- Professional Photography Instruction by Brendan and Morten
- Professional Naturalist/Guide in The Galapagos
- Local Guide in The Amazon
- 1-on-1 Sessions
- 2 Clinics
- What’s Not Included
- Transport to/from Quito
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Visas for Ecuador (if needed)