Wow. Our 2019 Ecuador photography tour went incredibly. Honestly, we wish you could have joined. We had a stunning time in the Amazon spotting a bunch of sloths, some rare wooly monkeys, and countless other birds and mammals. Of course, the Galapagos was special too. We chartered an incredible yacht and we spoiled with luxury and wildlife sightings.
I honestly could spend some time every month of the year in Ecuador.
Sadly, though, we only have so much time per year. And thus, there won’t be another trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos until 2022. If you do want to join us on that trip, though, be sure to sign up below for information when it becomes available.
Galapagos Islands + Amazon Photography Tour and Workshop
The main focus of this trip will be capturing the amazing wildlife found all over Ecuador. But, there will also be ample opportunities for landscape and travel photography.
We’ll be in the Galapagos for 5 days, photographing some of the beautiful endemic species out on the islands. It’s also Giant Tortoise hatching season in December, so with some luck we’ll see some incredible things there. In the Amazon, we’ll go looking for pink dolphins, caiman, monkeys and other on the rivers and nature walks.
All-in-all, this is the journey of a lifetime.
Dates: TBA – 2022
Start/End City: Quito Ecuador
Participants: Maximum 13 Participants
Skill Level: Any
Activity Level: No major hiking, only walks. Low fitness requirements.
I wanted to build an itinerary that would show the best of Ecuador in a short time. I wanted to show you the two extremes of this beautiful country: the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon basin. To do so, we’ll do some travelling – by plane, bus, and boat.
- Day 1: Participant arrival – Overnight in Quito
- Day 2: Sunrise in Quito, Bus to Cuyabeno (The Amazon Basin), Jungle Walk.
- Day 3: Full day in Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve
- Day 4: Full day in Cuyabeno Wildlife Preserve
- Day 5: Sunrise in Cuyabeno, bus back to Quito.
- Day 6: Day off in Quito aka Laundry Day
- Day 7: Flight from Quito to Baltra Island, Afternoon Santa Cruz Island (Giant Tortoises)
- Day 8: Santa Cruz Island: Dragon Hill, Batchas Beach
- Day 9: Floreana Island: Post Office Bay, Cormorant Point, Devil’s Crown
- Day 10: Espanola Island: Suarez Point, Gardner Bay/Inlet
- Day 11: San Cristobal Island, then flight back to Quito.
- Day 12: Tour Ends after breakfast
**Note: The itinerary in The Galapagos Islands is not set in stone and can change based on environmental variables.
About the Yacht
We’re extremely lucky. The luxury yacht “Infinity” offered us a great discount so that we could travel in style. The Infinity is one of the newest yachts in The Galapagos and is absolutely special. Each room is equipped with its own bathroom and balcony. It’s incredible. And, with the luxury boat we also have our own local guide/naturalist, and an amazing ship crew.
Below, I’ve attached a couple images.
** Note: Had we gone with a mid-range or budget boat, the price would have been the same.
Who is The Guest Photographer?
On our 2019 version of the trip we were lucky enough to have the wonderful Morten Hilmer join us. We won’t be able to confirm who the guest photographer is until late 2020. But, stay tuned to see who’s going to be joining us for this adventure.
- What’s Included
- Transportation within Ecudaor
- National Park Fees
- All Meals while in the Amazon and Galapagos
- Professional Photography Instruction by Brendan and Guest Instructor
- Professional Naturalist/Guide in The Galapagos
- Local Guide in The Amazon
- 1-on-1 Sessions
- 2 Clinics
- What’s Not Included
- Transport to/from Quito
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Visas for Ecuador (if needed)