After 3 straight years of Patagonia photography tours, I decided to pass the baton onto a couple other extremely talented photographers to lead the 2021 workshop.
In 2021, Greg Snell and James Popsys will be leading our Patagonia trip. They are incredibly talented, ever-knowledgeable, and a lot of fun to be around. They’ll lead you on an unforgettable trip of the southern cone of South America; teaching, and keeping your safe along the way.
I’d say that this is the experience of a lifetime, but it’s actually better than that. It’s that type of experience that will keep you coming back for more.
Start Date: April 19, 2021 – El Calafate, Argentina
End Date: April 30, 2021 – Puerto Natales, Chile
Day 1: Arrival in El Calafate, Argentina
Day 2: Perito Moreno Glacier
Day 3: To El Chalten
Day 4: El Chalten – Salto del Chorillo and Fitz Roy Views
Day 5: El Chalten – Laguna Torre or Laguna Capri
Day 6: El Chalten – Rio de Cascadas
Day 7: Ruta 40 to Torres del Paine
Day 8: Torres del Paine
Day 9: Torres del Paine
Day 10: Torres del Paine
Day 11: To Puerto Nalates
Day 12: Departure from Puerto Natales, Chile
At €4590, I believe we’re possibly the best value travel photography workshop in Patagonia. Most other tours are well over €5000 and into the €6000 range The region is quite expensive to travel, and becoming more expensive every year.
The price is based on double occupancy. If you’re a solo traveller, you’ll be matched with another solo traveller of the same gender. Depending on space, there will be 1 or 2 single supplements available for this trip.
The cost of a single supplement for this trip is €1200.
About James Popsys and Greg Snell
James Popsys is has one of the most cleverly trained photography I’ve had seen. He can spot an image just about anywhere, and will surely help any of those looking to improve on their composition skills. Beyond his photography, James is one of the nicest guys out there. Check out his work on his YouTube channel here.
Greg Snell is a videographer and photographer who has worked with me for 4 years now. He has a lot of experience leading tours – before working with me he led adventure tours in South America. He’s led 3 of my previous Patagonia trips. You can see his YouTube channel here.
What’s Included/Not Included
- Full Accommodation
- Transport within tour dates
- Local Guides
- Entrance fees and photo permits
- Professional Photography instruction by James Popsys and Greg Snell
- Airport transfers on arrival/departure days
- Lunch, Dinner and Snacks
- Transport to/from Patagonia
- Visas (if/when applicable)
If you wish to join us, please pay tour deposit below via PayPal.
You can find the terms and conditions of payments and refunds here.
** This tour is now sold out. Generally, though, we do have at least 1 cancellation per trip. So if you’re still interested in joining, please email me to brendanvanson at gmail dot com to be added to the waiting list. If there is enough interest, too, a second trip could be added.
Images of Patagonia
It’s totally possible you’ve not heard of Patagonia. Thus, I’ve put together a blog post with some of my favourite images shot at locations that this tour will be visiting. Check it out here.
FAQs of Booking in the Current Crisis
With travel being all but impossible as of the time of righting this, I thought it was important to list some FAQs about booking right now, to keep things clear.
- All bookings are fully refundable: Any deposits made between March 15th, 2020 and the end of the June, 2020 (with potential to extend) are fully refundable (up to 90 days of the tour start date) without any questions asked – as long as they are cancelled.
- I can’t get travel insurance?: Right now, there really isn’t anyone offering travel insurance. But, with fully refundable deposits, there’s no real need until flights and final payments are made. Generally, we don’t book flight until 90 days before the tour start date.
- What about flights?: Flights tend to get booked 3-4 months before the time of travel, so in this case, not until early 2021.
- I don’t know my 2021 finances: Again, the deposits are 100% refundable. So, if your financial situation changes, you can always request a refund, no questions asked.
- What if the trip gets cancelled?: For the most part, trips don’t get cancelled, they get postponed to the following year. If we need to postpone, you will have the option of joining the following year, transferring your deposit onto another tour, or a partial refund with the rest of the amount paid placed as credit.
- Read the terms and info on workshops during the time of crisis here.
Join the Waiting List…
If the the trip is full, you can join the waiting list in case of cancellations. To join the waiting list for our photography tour in Patagonia, please feel free to shoot me an email to brendanvanson (at) gmail (dot) com.
With the trip a year away, and 10 participants, it’s likely that one or two people will have changes in their plans.
Likewise, feel free to join the newsletter below as all upcoming tour announcements will come from there.
Can’t Join This One?
If you can’t join this particular tour, but want to stay tuned to future trips be sure to fill out the form below. You’ll then be notified of any future trips. In 2020 & 2021, I’ll be running trips to destinations like Namibia, Iceland, Mongolia, Tasmania, and many more.