Nearly 6 years ago, travel photographer Brendan van Son made the first trip of his career to Peru. Working as a tour leader to pay the bills, he travelled the country extensively building his travel portfolio before moving on to see the rest of the world. Over that time period he saw Machu Picchu 3 times, visited the Colca Canyon 5 times, and lived for a while in Arequipa. Now, 4 years after leaving South America and some 70 countries in between, he will be leading a group of photographers and budding photographers across his old stomping grounds.
Accompanying Brendan is fellow travel photographer and instructor Tiffany Wuest or WorldmeetsGirl.com fame. Tiffany has photographed over 40 different countries on 5 different continents and carries a world of wisdom along with her.
Starting in Lima and ending in Cusco, this photography tour-meets-workshop covers all the major highlights in the ancient country of Peru. You’ll see the largest sand dunes in the world, visit the second deepest canyon in the world, float across the highest navigable lake in the world, and, of course, wander through the ruins of the wonder that is Machu Picchu.
From a travel photography standpoint, the most amazing thing about Peru is the diversity. The country really does wrap up all the different aspects of photography into one country. You’ll get the chance to do wildlife photography with the condors, take portraits of people across the country, capture architecture in Arequipa and Cusco, and shoot landscapes at places like Pisac and The Colca Canyon. If there ever was a country to build and diversify your portfolio in a short period of time, it’s Peru.
Photo Tour Info
Tour Cost = $2880 (Based on double occupancy. Single supplement is $600). For info or to book, click here.
Booking Date = Booking will open within 2 weeks. Please stay tuned to my newsletter (which you can find in the sidebar) for up-to-date info.
This tour starts on May 1st in Lima and runs for 14 days until May 14th in Cusco. For a complete and detailed itinerary click here.
The general tour itinerary looks like this:
- May 1st: Arrive in Lima, Peru
- May 2nd: Travel to Huacachina
- May 3rd: Visit the Ballestas Island, then travel to Nazca
- May 4th: Nazca, then travel to Arequipa
- May 5th: Arequipa
- May 6th: The Colca Canyon
- May 7th: Puno
- May 8th: Lake Titicaca
- May 9th: Puno
- May 10th: Cusco
- May 11th: Cusco
- May 12th: The Sacred Valley
- May 13th: Machu Picchu
- May 14th: Tour ends in Cusco
- Airport Pickups and Dropoffs
- All Transportation between destinations on tour dates
- Accommodation for the nights of May 1st through 13th.
- All Breakfasts
- Tour guides where necessary
- Professional Photography instruction by Brendan van Son and Tiffany Wuest
- All Entrance Tickets on Included Activities
- Included Activities = Ballestas Islands, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, Chauchilla Cemetery, Lake Titicaca Homestay, and The Colca Canyon
What’s not Included
- Flights to Lima and from Cusco
- Food other than Breakfast
- Optional Activities = Dune Buggies (approx $20), Nazca Lines Flights (approx. $80), and all museums and other activities on free days
Additional Options and Add-ons
- Pre-tour Accommodation in Lima
- Post-tour Accommodation in Cusco
- Post-tour Flight to Lima
- Camera and/or Lens Rental through Partner
- Single Supplement
For more information about the tour, please check the tour FAQs here.
You can also get a hold of me via my contact page here.
Booking is now available for this workshop! I’ve partnered with Adventure.com to make this particular tour happen. They are handling all the payments and logistics. So, to book the Peru photo tour, click here to be taken to their page for details on joining.