This post is meant to accompany the video called “What’s in my Camera Bag?” that I posted to my YouTube Channel. If you want to see that video check it out below.
I get asked gear questions more than anything. And, the honest truth is that I don’t really like answering photography gear related questions because I think that gear doesn’t matter all that much. Sure, as you grow as a photographer your gear will need to grow with you. But there is no point in having great photo gear in your camera bag unless you’re getting the most out of it.
Still, I wanted to list all the gear in a list form in case you missed some of the pieces in the video.
So, here’s ALL my photography gear:
- Canon EOS R – I am shooting a lot of stills on this camera too.
- Ronin-S Gimbal – My massive stabilization system.
- Rode Video Micro – Honestly, the best vlog mic solution.
- Canon 5d mark iv – Do-it-all travel photography camera body.
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 – I basically use this lens for star photography exclusively.
- Canon 16-35mm f/4 – My favourite lens.
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 – Standard zoom lens. Typical walk around lens.
- Canon 35mm f/1.8 RF – For the EOS R. I use this lens mostly for street photography.
- Canon 40mm STM f/2.8 – A pancake lens. Since getting the EOS R, I don’t think I’ve used this lens once.
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 – One of my favourite pieces of glass. Such sharp imagery, and the colour contrast looks incredible.
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 – I traded in my 70-200mm for this lens. I love the added reach, but do miss f/2.8 from time to time.
- Mavic Pro 2 – Likely the best travel photography drone out there.
- GoPro Hero 5 Black – I should probably upgrade this for the GoPro 7, but I don’t use my GoPro nearly as much as I used to.
- GoPro Hero 5 Sessions – I basically use this GoPro to get dash cam shots while driving.
- 3 Legged Thing Winston – A bit of a beast for a travel tripod. But, it’s sturdy and packs up really well.
- Joby Gorilla Pod – The bendy tripod. I use this for vlogging, but also in places where I’m not allowed to use a tripod.
- 3 Legged Thing Iggy – Mini tripod for my GoPro or phone.
- 3 Legged Thing L-Bracket – The orange L-Bracket on my 5d mark iv. Used to be able to set your camera on your tripod in portrait orientation.
- Lee ND Filters
- 3, 6 & 10stop ND Filters
- Lee Grad ND Filters
- 4 grad ND filters (2 stop soft grad, 3 stop soft grad, 3 stop hard grad, and 4 stop medium grad)
- Burton F-Stop Camera Bag – I wish it had a bit more space up top. But, to date, it’s the best camera bag I’ve found.
- Dell XPS15 Laptop – Fast enough for 4k editing. No drag on photo editing.
- Abobe Lightroom Classic
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Abobe Premiere Pro
- SanDisk Extreme SSD
- 3M Microfiber towel – the yellow towel I use to dry the lens
- Lee Filter Lens Caps – the white caps that go over my filter adapter rings.
- Lee Filter Pouch – the pouch I keep all my filters.
Join Me on An Adventure?
All year, I organize different travel photography tours, retreats, workshops and adventures around the world. If you want information on those tours – as they get announced – sign up for the newsletter below.